Friday 26 June 2015

Catching up

I AM NOT DEAD.

Parenting and business owning have been taking priority over painting and modelling. Which is as it should be but doesn't make for getting stuff done.

I have been fitting in a few minutes here and there to work on bits and pieces but it probably doesn't add up to much more than 2-3 hours a month at the moment, very frustrating when I can see things sitting unfinished in the corner but such is the way of adulthood.

On the occasions I have managed to find time to do anything I have really appreciated the calming effect it has, I can see why I spent so much time as a teenager (badly) painting my now lost fantasy armies, it takes me complete focus and allows me to block out the horrors of modern existence for a while and building models of buildings and scenery from scratch gives real feeling of accomplishment (regardless of the quality of the final piece).

Anyhow, here's a selection of the bits and pieces I have painted since I took the practice up again (I think it was a year or so back, possibly longer).

Some bits and pieces from Castle Ravenloft
IMG_2623Zombie Dragon - the base needs a revisit

IMG_2631Zombie Ogre

IMG_2635Werewolf

IMG_2639Wolf

IMG_2654Vampire bastardhead

D&D WitchWitch

I've been collecting Genestealers and trying out different variations of colour schemes:

IMG_2685Forest Genestealer

IMG_2674Unpleasantly pink Genestealer

IMG_2667Slightly more traditional Genestealer

Karen bought me a started set of Space Marines with paints, it took me the best part of a year to get through them:

IMG_2646

IMG_2644

Some assorted bits:

IMG_2648Lesser Daemon of Nurgle

IMG_2652Eldar Dark Reaper with AWFUL face

IMG_2660Tzeentch Flamer

IMG_2662Wood Elf Wardancer


There's a few more and some different views in this Flickr album.

Toodle pip for now!

2 comments:

  1. You're right Bob - the painting takes you away from the world for a while in a way that no other pastime seems to be able to. Great mini's by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm actually fairly happy with some of them, just need that practice ;)

      Delete